A WOMAN who is addicted to eating talcum powder claims her near decade-long habit has seen her consume 31 STONE of it.

Lizzie Foster, from Portsmouth in Hampshire, suffers from Pica disorder – the compulsion to eat non-food substances. In her case talc, it’s talc, a mineral composed mainly of the elements magnesium, silicon, and oxygen. 
Lizzie Foster can’t stop snacking on talcum powder and goes through a 500g tub every week
She first began to experience the bizarre craving during her pregnancy with her first child Ruby.
The 25-year-old said: “I loved the smell of it and thought, ‘I wonder if it tastes good.’
“I thought it was an odd craving to have, and I was a bit freaked out at first, but I poured some on my palm and I liked it.
“It tasted soapy and I kept on eating it. I think I was lacking something in my food, which I got from the powder.
“They say cravings during pregnancy are to do with a vitamin D or iron deficiency.
“I didn’t worry about if the powder would harm my baby when I was pregnant with Ruby. I was young and naive.”

Post a Comment

Trending Now

 
Top